When it comes to jewelry, celebrities never fail to delight us, and Jennifer Lopez engagement ring is no exception. So, let’s explore everything you need to know about the Jennifer Lopez engagement ring.
Details on J.Lo Engagement Ring
In April 2022, Jennifer Lopez was spotted flaunting a ring on her left ring finger. Considering that she’s gotten back with Ben Affleck, speculation started spreading that the two were once again engaged. And that soon revealed to be the truth because the singer confirmed the rumors on her website.
But just like any other celebrity, her engagement ring was the one in the spotlight. And here, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about it and much more.
Ben Affleck gave Jennifer Lopez a green diamond that was even more radiant and pricier than the one he gave her in 2002 (more on this later). From afar, you may think this is an emerald, but that’s not the case. It is a natural fancy yellowish-green diamond, making it rare and special. It was sourced by Ilan Portugali of Beverly Hills Diamonds and weighs approximately 8.1 carats. The center diamond is flanked by two elongated baguette diamonds, which are bookended by two trapezoid diamonds.
The now 53-year-old singer and actress really loved her engagement ring for various reasons. For one, green is her favorite color. Secondly, she notes that so many good things happened to her when she was wearing green.
Jennifer Lopez Engagement Ring Cost
The exact cost of the Jennifer Lopez engagement ring remains a mystery because Affleck did not disclose the amount he paid. However, considering its size and rarity, Benjamin Khordipour, our diamond expert, estimates that the ring may cost anywhere between $5 million and $10 million. This figure comes as no surprise because fancy-colored diamonds are rare and green ones even more so.
History of the Proposal of Jennifer Lopez
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have known each other for over two decades. They met in the early 2000s on the set of Gigli, a romantic comedy . Initially, their relationship started as a friendship but later blossomed into a romantic one. In 2002, the two got engaged, and Affleck gave her a fancy pink diamond ring that Harry Winston designed. The ring didn’t lack for details either. The center stone was radiant-cut and weighed a whopping 6.1 carats. It was set on a platinum shank with trapezoid accent diamonds on each side. Benjamin Khordipour estimates that if this ring resurfaced, it would be worth more than $3 million.
The 2002 proposal took place at his mother’s house in Boston. The occasion was all fancy and romantic and the whole house was covered in a blanket of rose petals. There were lots of candles, bouquets, and vases, and her song “Glad” was playing in the background.
Jen and Affleck’s first engagement was a trendsetter because it rekindled public interest in fancy-colored diamonds. In fact, in the same year, we saw a massive surge in the price of colored diamonds.
Their wedding was scheduled for November 3rd, 2003, but they indefinitely postponed it. In January 2004, the couple broke up, and when asked, they blamed it on the negative media attention. Reportedly, Jennifer Lopez returned the fancy pink diamond before calling it quits.
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Move On
J.Lo and Affleck went on to start families with different people. In July 2004, just six months after her break up with Ben Fleck, J.Lo married singer Marc Antony. The two were blessed with twins, Emme and Max. Likewise, Ben Affleck moved on and married Jennifer Garner in 2005, and they have three children.
Jennifer Lopez Engagement Ring From Marc Antony
Of course, we also have the details of the engagement ring that Marc Antony gave Jennifer Lopez. It featured a green diamond that weighed an astounding 8.5 carats. The center stone was flanked by two baguette-cut diamonds on each side. Benjamin Khordipour estimates that this ring may be worth more than $4 million.
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Antony separated in 2011 and finalized their divorce in 2015. Ben Affleck finalized his divorce in 2018.
Jennifer Lopez Relationship With Alex Rodriquez
Not long ago, Jen was also engaged to Alex Rodriquez, a former basketball player, businessman, and philanthropist. Their relationship started in 2017, and they got engaged in 2019. The ring he gave her was a banger, too! The center stone was an emerald-cut diamond that weighed approximately 20 carats. This is the biggest engagement ring the singer has received so far.
We speculate that the stone of this massive rock is of the highest quality – D color – which is considered colorless and flawless. Based on these assumptions, Benjamin Khordipour estimates the ring might cost a cool $5 million.
In 2021, Jen and Alex Rodriquez called off their engagement and said they were better off as friends. A few weeks later, in July 2021, she took to Instagram and confirmed to her fans that she was officially back with Affleck.
After nine months of dating, Affleck finally popped the question. In her newsletter, Jen said it was at her favorite place in the world — the bubble bath. And, of course, she said, “Yes.” The multi-talented bride noted that the proposal was not all fancy, but it was still a very romantic moment that surprised her. It also gave her deja vu of their first engagement.
In an interview, Lopez noted that it’s rare to get a second chance at true love. She also stated that she doesn’t take what they share for granted.
Jeniffer Tie the Knot Twice
In July 2022, news spread that the couple flew out to Las Vegas and got married at the Little White Wedding Chapel. The ceremony was quite intimate, and Lopez told her fans they exchanged vows and rings they intend to wear for the rest of their lives. In August 2022, they held another wedding to which they invited close family and friends. The wedding was held at Affleck’s house, down in Georgia. And even better, all their children were present to witness the beautiful moment.
As it is, nobody knows what the future holds for this daring couple, but we wish them the best and hope they are happy wherever they are. Indeed, love is beautiful, and maybe it’s worth waiting for.
Buy Similar Rings to Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez engagement rings are very rare, but we searched hard and found pieces that might give you that J.Lo vibe you’re going for. Even better, these pieces don’t cost millions but will still make you or your significant other feel the Jennifer spirit. But spoiler alert – they will set you back a few thousand dollars.
We didn’t focus only on her latest green engagement ring. That’s because this bauble is rare and hard to find. So, we also included a few pieces that match her other engagement rings, so you have many options to explore. Here are the ten rings that are similar to Jennifer Lopez engagement rings:
- Reverie Ring – If you love the first pink-colored fancy diamond engagement ring that Affleck gave Jennifer Lopez in 2002, then the Reverie ring will be an excellent choice. However, this option is slightly more subdued. The center stone is an emerald-cut diamond flanked by trapezoid diamonds on each side. The diamond sits beautifully on an 18k white gold band. You can customize the band and the engraving to suit your preference and add that personal touch. The ring also has elongated step-cut facets that that subtly radiate light and color. And finally, it has a low profile, so you can rest assured it will be comfortable on the wearer’s hand.
- Verbena Ring – This halo engagement ring features an oval-cut yellow-green center stone set in prongs. It is certified by the GIA as 1.54 carats and VS1 clarity. Surrounding the center stone are micro-pave round brilliant cut diamonds set in rose gold. The ring also has a second halo that features marquise and pear-shaped rose-cut diamonds that reveal the ring’s floral design. The round brilliant-cut diamonds extend down the shoulder before a stunning shank takes over.
- Scandia Ring – The Scandia ring is another excellent choice resembling the ring Affleck gave Jen for their first engagement in 2002. It features a marquise cut fancy light pink diamond graded by the GIA as 1.02 carats and VS2 clarity. The center stone is surrounded by a halo of tiny fancy pink diamonds set in prongs. The ring also has a second double halo that consists of round brilliants. Furthermore, the shoulders are divided into three parts, each featuring round brilliant cut diamonds in a micro-pave setting.
- Utopia Ring – If you love the ring that Alex Rodriquez got for Jen, then the Utopia ring will dazzle you. This emerald-cut three-stone engagement ring features tapered-cut diamonds that are set in platinum. Overall, the Utopia ring channels a modern design aesthetic that will leave any bride-to-be speechless.
- Felicity Ring –The Felicity ring is one of the closest things you’ll find to Jennifer Lopez engagement ring. It is an excellent choice that closely resembles the Utopia ring and J.Lo’s second engagement ring. This stunning trilogy engagement ring centers a pink diamond flanked by radiant diamond trapezoids with round brilliants extending down the pave band. You can choose an emerald stone instead of the pink diamond if you want the vibe that J.Lo’s green diamond engagement ring eludes.
- Fancy Purplish Pink Diamond – If you love pink diamonds, you should definitely consider this rare stone from Leibish. The fancy purplish pink diamond is GIA-certified as 0.40 carats and VS2 clarity. It has an intense rose color and poses perfect symmetry and polish. You can request a custom setting that suits your preference. Alternatively, you can wear it as a pendant – the choice is yours
- Fancy Brownish Greenish Yellow Diamond – This long-cushion cut diamond is an excellent choice for those who want something rare, unique, and glamorous. It weighs 3.86 carats and is perfectly cut to emit plenty of fire and radiance. In fact, the cut is so exceptional that it makes it look like a 5-carat diamond. Tiny fancy pink diamonds create a halo around the center stone. The shank is further dazzled with white diamonds for added radiance and shine.
- Fancy Yellowish Green Cushion Cut Diamond – The center stone of this vibrant ring is a fancy yellowish-green cushion-cut diamond that weighs 2.01 carats and is GIA-graded as SI1 clarity. The center stone is flanked by two half moons that weigh an additional 0.29 carats. The ring is set in rose-gold on a platinum shank, which perfectly complements the center stone. Overall, this ring is recommended for those who want an engagement ring similar to J.Lo’s most recent engagement ring but working with a smaller budget.
- Solitaire Green Diamond Ring – If you want something simple, subtle, and subdued, then this solitaire green diamond ring is an excellent choice. White diamonds flank the center stone, and you can order it in the metal of your choice.
- Chameleon Diamond Ring – This vibrant “chameleon” diamond engagement ring is another excellent choice for people who want something similar to Jennifer Lopez engagement ring. It is an excellent choice for women who prefer a simple style but don’t want to forego class and elegance. The center stone is classified as fancy greenish yellow, but the diamond is predominantly green when facing up. When the diamond is heated or in the dark, it turns temporarily yellow. This phenomenon perfectly befits the ring’s name. The center diamond is graded as SI1, but it is eye-clean and features tiny, evenly spread-out inclusions. The diamond is set in 18kt white gold and is flanked by additional white diamonds which together weigh approximately 0.59 carats.
Talk to an Expert Jewelry Shopper
Jennifer Lopez engagement ring is a breathtaking bauble that is sure to delight. So, if you want advice on how to get a similar ring crafted for your significant other, the Wedding Scoop jewelry experts are at your disposal. We have been in the jewelry business for years and will be more than happy to help you find your dream engagement ring. Contact us by filling out the form below, and one of our team members will get back to you as soon as possible.