The Megan Fox engagement ring is a one-of-a-kind piece commissioned by her fiancé Machine Gun Kelly. As soon as the public got a glimpse of the ring, curiosity and intrigue arose for the unique piece details. Here’s everything you’ve wanted to know about this magnificent piece of jewelry.
Details on Megan Fox’s Engagement Ring
The ring is an exquisite piece. At first sight, you can easily understand the fascination for the engagement ring Megan Fox started wearing on January 2022. When her boyfriend since 2020, Machine Gun Kelly, real name Colson Baker, popped the question, this already famous couple became an even bigger internet sensation.
The movie star’s fiancé Machine Gun Kelly, also known as MGK, commissioned the engagement ring. He chose Stephen Webster, a British-born fine-jewelry, as the designer. In an interview with Nashville Lifestyle, Webster explained that MGK had seen one of his previous collections, The Seven Deadly Sins. MGK liked his designs which encouraged him to get in touch.
MGK wanted a unique piece that would represent them. For that reason, Stephen Webster came up with the idea of using the couple’s birthstones in the ring. The exclusive engagement ring features two pear-shaped gems – An untreated Colombian emerald, Megan Fox’s birthstone, and a D-color antique cut diamond, MGK’s birthstone. Each gemstone is mounted on an 18-carat white gold shank with a thorn motif paved with diamonds.
What makes the bands interlock intricately are hidden magnets embedded in the settings. This allows the stones to be “embraced together.” In June, Stephen Webster presented two collections featuring the same thorn motif and magnetic mechanism: Thorn Embrace and Thorn Addiction.
Details on Megan Fox’s Engagement Ring Gemstones
The gemstones in the Megan Fox engagement ring are the most valuable available, starting with the untreated Colombian emerald. Most emeralds on the market have some treatment to enhance their clarity with oils or fill any fractures that may have formed with resin.
Although the oiling treatment has been widely accepted, that oil dries out and becomes visible over time. When this happens, the stone will need to be cleaned and re-oiled. The emerald in the Megan Fox engagement ring has none of these treatments done. They are so rare and unique that the few available worldwide are incredibly valuable.
The second gemstone is a D-color diamond. Gemological labs such as the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) evaluate every diamond to determine its quality. From the color perspective, diamonds are rated from D to Z. According to GIA, “a chemically pure and structurally perfect diamond has no hue, like a drop of water.”
Diamonds with a D color grade are the highest quality available on the market and the rarest to find. Experts consider D-color diamonds “colorless” and the purest. There is just a tiny percentage of this kind available in the world.
Now you know two of the most exclusive gemstones in the world sit on the Megan Fox engagement ring.
Using both birthstones was also related to the symbolism they carry, which represented Megan Fox and MGK perfectly as individuals and as a couple. Emeralds are the birthstone of those born in May. They symbolize wealth and abundance, love and passion, success and wisdom.
As for diamond symbolism, there is a reason why it’s the most popular gemstone for engagement rings. They are the emblem of purity and perfection, commitment, and faithfulness. It’s MGK’s birthstone and everyone who was born in April.
Megan Fox’s Engagement Ring Cost
Benjamin Khordipour, the head gemologist and antique jewelry specialist at Estate Diamond Jewelry in New York City, provided an estimated ring valuation. He based his analysis on the details Stephen Webster provided of the ring and close-up photographs of the intricate piece.
“The engagement ring Colson Baker gave Megan Fox features two gemstones with an approximate weight of at least 6 carats. Just by looking at it, you can appreciate the diamond is collection grade quality, which is the most expensive kind available,” he explained.
“As for the emerald, over 99% of the emeralds available in the market are treated,” he added. “An untreated emerald is rare; the few available are extremely valuable. We evaluate the Megan Fox engagement ring to be at least $350K.”
Since the details of the “Transformers” star’s custom-made ring started filtering into the media, it became the center of attention. It revealed incredible information about the couple and the kind of relationship they had. One of the controversial revelations was MGK’s thoughts about the thorn motif chosen for his fiancée’s engagement ring.
In an interview with Vogue, MGK explained that, according to him, “love is pain,” and the thorn motif represents it correctly. If Megan Fox were to take off the ring, it would hurt.
History of the Proposal and Marriage of Megan Fox
Megan Fox and MGK met on the set of director Randall Emmet’s shooting of “Midnight in the Switchgrass.” The punk singer revealed in an interview with Howard Stern that it was love at first sight. Not long before, the actress had ended her 10-year marriage with actor Brian Austin Green. They share three children.
On May 2020, the actress played the role of MGK’s girlfriend in MGK’s “Bloody Valentine” video. After that, rumors that they were more than just friends started to arise. By June, they were an official couple, although her then-husband was not ready to file for divorce at the time.
Shortly after, everybody’s world changed due to the global pandemic, and the couple was no exception. During the quarantine, the couple used social media to share little scoops of their lives in those difficult times. In an interview with Nylon, the actress described their love as a connection of “mythic proportions.”
A Fairy Tale Proposal
A year and a half later, MGK thought it was time to seal the deal. The moment of the proposal looked like it was taken out of a fairytale, and the actress didn’t see it coming. It was during a vacation to Puerto Rico, where the couple had been several times during their relationship. Under a banyan tree where they had met, he dropped down to one knee and asked her to spend the rest of her life with him. Of course, she happily said yes!
In an Instagram post, the actress revealed that after he proposed and she said yes, they drank each other’s blood. Neither of them provided more details of that intimate moment.
The couple recorded and later shared the proposal moment on an Instagram post. Many celebrity friends with the couple immediately responded with congratulations and best wishes. Among them were Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez.
Shortly after their engagement, MGK revealed that Stephen Webster was the designer of the unique engagement ring he commissioned for the actress. At the same time, he added details of its symbolism, bringing up many questions about the kind of relationship the actress and the singer shared.
No Wedding Yet
The couple has been engaged since January 2022 but hasn’t set a wedding date. After their engagement announcement, an anonymous source revealed to US Weekly that the couple faced many ups and downs.
According to the source, Megan Fox got to a point where she was ready to call off the engagement. “They have their differences at times where he likes to stay out late and party, and she’s okay with going home early,” the source explained.
Despite the rumors of separation, the couple has worked through their issues. They have been publicly seen together many times in the last couple of months. In conclusion, they are still together, working hard on themselves and secretly planning the wedding.
Buy Similar Rings to Megan Fox
Despite the controversial revelations MGK made about the ring’s design, it is fair to say the jewel is the kind of engagement ring every woman would like to have. Many jewelry stores worldwide now offer similar designs to the Megan Fox engagement ring, starting with its designer, Stephen Webster.
- Thorn Embrace – Duo Band Ring. Using the exact innovative magnetic mechanism as the Megan Fox engagement ring, this duo ring features a white 1.56 carat diamond and a 0.75 carat emerald. The handcrafted 18ct white gold shank is embedded with magnets that allow the stones to “embrace.” Price: $32,000
- Opposites Attract Rings. This ring is similar to the Megan Fox engagement ring but with a darker twist. The white and black diamonds pave the thorns of this unique piece, accentuating the two pear-shaped gemstones. While this piece features a white diamond and an emerald, you can personalize the ring by exchanging the gemstones as needed. Price: $26,700
- Entangled Band Ring. As part of Stephen Webster’s Thorn Embrace collection, this ring features a 2.28 carat pear-shaped emerald as the central stone. It sits on a bed of white diamond-paved thorns. The total diamond weight is 0.68 carats. Price: $50,000
- Tiffany Soleste. One of the main features of the Megan Fox engagement ring is the pear-shaped gemstones. They became popular in the 18th century for representing tears of joy. The Tiffany Soleste features a pear-shaped diamond with a halo of bead-set diamonds surrounding it. You can personalize the design according to your preferences, including the single shack paved with diamond, which you can replace with a dual one. Price: Varies
- Pear Shaped Diamond Engagement Ring in Platinum. This Tiffany’s engagement ring features a pear-shaped diamond set on a platinum double shank. One of the shanks is entirely made of platinum. The second one is paved with diamond making the ring a shiny piece that captures the light and reflects it with elegance. Price: Varies
- Essex Ring. One of the most outstanding features of the Megan Fox engagement ring is the unique and elegant contrast between an emerald and a diamond. Similarly, the Essex ring features a 3.00 carat oval cut emerald with a diamond halo. Additional baguette-cut diamonds flank the center stone on each side. Price: $11,000
- Cartier Solitaire 1985. This 1985 engagement ring features a pear-shaped diamond as a center stone. Teardrop is another way to describe this cut, which according to the experts, represents tears of joy. The diamond in the center is set in a platinum shank. You can choose a diamond from 2.00 to 4.99 carats depending on your preferences. Price: Upon request
- Verdant Ring. Circa 1915. Available at Estate Diamond Jewelry, you’ll find this circa 1915 engagement ring. It features an exquisite combination of an emerald and diamonds. The ring centers on a Colombian 1.00 carat oval cut emerald. A diamond floral halo surrounds the stone, creating an eye-catching contrast between emerald and white. All diamonds are European cut with an overall weight of 2.20 carats, I-J color, and VS2-SI1 clarity. Price: $9,800
- Poles Apart Ring. The Thorn Embrace collection features various engagement rings with thorns and pear-shaped gemstones. The Poles Apart ring features a handcrafted 18k white gold thorn shank paved with 0.21 carats of diamonds. The pear-shaped gemstones in this design are a 2.04 carat purple spinel and a 1.80 carat grey spinel. Both stones are positioned in opposite directions, lining up right in the finger’s middle. Price: $9,500
- Wrap Band Ring. If what you liked the most about the Megan Fox engagement ring were the intricate thorns, then you should take a look at this Stephen Webster design. The Wrap Band is handcrafted with recycled 18k white gold and paved with 0.73 carat diamonds. This ring features no gemstone stone, but the thorns make it equally impressive. Price: $9,500
Talk to an Expert Jewelry Shopper
If you’re looking for an engagement ring similar to the one MGK designed for Megan Fox, don’t hesitate to contact an expert jewelry shopper. Fill out the form below to speak to a Wedding Scoop Jewelry Expert and find out how to have a ring similar to the Megan Fox engagement ring crafted.