Wedding attire should make the bride feel beautiful, no matter the style. If you’re ready to buck tradition and set your own trend, then take a look at these 30 handpicked and affordable nontraditional wedding dresses.
1. Prom Dress With V Neck Sequins Beads
If you want your dress to sparkle, then how about a prom dress with a V-neck embellished with dazzling sequin beads and a backless design? This tulle gown offers total movement and a unique side slit that appears as you walk down the aisle. The dress is sparkling and free-flowing and could suit a summer outdoor ceremony.
2. Ivory Belle Dress
This tasteful, ivory belle dress has a front V-neck with an A-line silhouette. The mid-length sleeves are in lace with an embroidered pattern, and a layer of lace enhances the shape of the dress. This nontraditional wedding dress has a classic look while its overall design maintains a modern flair.
3. Short Lace Vintage Dress
If you’re looking for a girlie style, then this option offers ultimate feminity while hugging you in all the right places. It’s a pretty sleeveless V-neck lace-up and knee-length A-line dress. It features lace embroidery and a sprinkling of decorative rhinestones.
4. Chic Lace Evening Dress With Ruffle Sleeves
This beautiful gown oozes effortless feminity and would be perfect for a garden or beach wedding. The dress is fit-and-flare with super thin straps and shoulder ruffle sleeves. The floaty silhouette has embroidered pattern lace panel detail for a classic touch.
5. Off Shoulder Bell Sleeve Maxi Dress
This sassy maxi-length wedding gown will certainly complement your figure. Its detailing includes an off-the-shoulder slash neckline, ruffle bell sleeves, and a mermaid silhouette. If you prefer a simple and fitted style, then this option is well worth considering.
6. Vintage Lace Gown
A “top 30 affordable nontraditional wedding dresses” list would be incomplete without a vintage gown or two. This light pink floral vintage-inspired gown is classically elegant. It features tulle fabric with applique detail and a long sweep train. The beautiful gown makes an effortless nontraditional alternative to a typical spring wedding dress
7. High Low Corset Dress
This nontraditional wedding dress is another unique masterpiece. The three tiers of tulle with frilly trim at the front create volume. Its other features include an A-line silhouette with a high front and low back. The dress is sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline.
8. Sequin Maxi Evening Prom Dress
For a dress that shimmers and shines, this gold sequin maxi evening dress is “sparkle” personified. It features a V-neck front and back, a cinched waistline, and high-quality sequins. This gown is available in several colors and is an attractive alternative to a traditional wedding dress.
9. Capped Beaded Lace Applique Dress
This glamorous and luxurious mermaid tulle wedding dress offers a simple elegance with its beaded lace applique style and capped sleeves. It even has a built-in bra for convenience. The sweeping train balances the overall design, delivering timeless style in a nontraditional way.
10. Cocktail Halter Neck Vintage Dress
A simple free-flowing A-line dress with a sweetheart and lace halter neck delivers style and grace while accentuating your curves. In this dress, you’ll have freedom of movement to dance the night away without having to worry about a cumbersome train.
11. Puffy Long Sleeve Prom Dress
If you’re looking for a gown fit for an enchanted forest-themed ceremony, then this puffy long sleeve soft tulle dress is magnificent with a floor-length A-line silhouette and soft layered tulle. This fantasy-style flowing tulle gown would be ideal for an outdoor ceremony.
12. Floral Lace Sleeve Mermaid Dress
For a wedding dress that shows off your figure, consider this floral lace off-the-shoulder snug-fitting bodice flared mermaid dress. It’s decorated with a delicate lace shell with eyelash lace detail and long floral lace sleeves. This dress is effortlessly stunning and timeless.
13. Elegant Sheer Vintage Short Lace
This charming, sheer, vintage wedding dress has an ultra-feminine and carefree style. It features a satin sweetheart neckline, a high scope neck, and lace slightly capped sleeves, with a cutout detail at the back. Nothing fits a retro-themed wedding more than a fit and flare vintage style dress.
14. Rhinestone Plus Size Cocktail Dress
This dress is classed as a formal evening dress. However, it has all the characteristics of a gorgeous nontraditional wedding dress. It offers sparkle with rhinestone sprinklings on the front of the bodice and along the waistline. The scalloped neckline with a floor-length silhouette in a traditional mermaid cut completes the look.
15. V-Neck Long Sleeves Dress
If you’re looking for one of those nontraditional wedding dresses with an A-line silhouette, then you may fall in love with this option. It’s a shapely tea-length tulle A-line dress that complements a V-neck design and lace mid-length sleeves.
16. Bohemian Mermaid Lace Dress With Pockets
You could easily fall in love with this bohemian lace dress. It’s completely covered in fully lined, high-quality lace and applique. It features a V-neck front and back and pockets should you need to keep an item close. This exquisite dress would be ideal for a vintage-style garden wedding.
17. Off Shoulder High Split Evening Gown
If you want a classically simple and captivating dress, then this formal evening gown could be an option. It offers chic style with an off-the-shoulder sweetheart neckline. The floor-length gown has a thigh-high slit and is made from 10% spandex for a snug and comfortable fit.
18. Short Sleeve Cocktail Skater Dress
A cocktail skater dress can also be effective in enhancing your curves. This dress has an A-line silhouette featuring a knee-length high front and long back hem. The neckline is an off-the-shoulder-sweetheart style with short sleeves. The entire dress is covered in beautiful delicate lace with polyester lining.
19. A-Line Lace Country Dress
This handmade sleeveless country gown could be a good choice if you want to wear a princess-style dress. It features 3D flowers on a floor-length A-line silhouette, a straight neckline, and a corset back drawstring closure. This dress is stretchy, breathable, and will make heads turn.
20. Elegant High Low Beach Dress
If you’re looking for a trendy dress, then this elegant lace appliques bridal dress may fit the bill. It’s made from tulle with a high scoop lace neckline and sheer back. It features an A-line silhouette, a high/low skirt design, deep waves, and a cute belt to cinch your waist.
21. Bohemian Floral Lace Gown
This regal-style bohemian mermaid dress is fetching and would make a classy nontraditional wedding dress. It’s made with luxury quality floral lace and soft satin. The neckline is straight with a deep V-backless back and a front high slit under see-through lace.
22. Floral Lace Knee Length Gown
A cocktail floral knee-length dress with a straight neckline and cap sleeves is a dainty yet statement-making dress. This short A-line swing cocktail gown is gorgeous in lace and tulle. It provides style and grace and would make an attractive choice on your special day.
23. Vintage 1950s Swing Dress
If you appreciate vintage fashion, then the design of this ivory 1950s swing dress could be an option. It has understated elegance with cap sleeves, a sweetheart neckline, an empire waist, and a pleated A-line silhouette. This style is available in several colors and has pockets for your convenience.
24. Lace Appliques Vintage Ivory Dress
This lace appliques chiffon beach princess-style dress is irresistible and would certainly suit an outdoor summer wedding. It features a bohemian handmade beading and a straight lace neckline with a built-bra. Above all, the A-line silhouette is floor length in layered premium quality soft tulle for a flowing smooth finish.
25. Rustic Sheath Lace Beaded Gown
A dress like this luxury soft floral lace and satin mermaid dress certainly deserves a spot on a top 30 nontraditional wedding dresses list. It’s a fabulous sheath gown in floral appliqued lace featuring a deep V-illusion neckline and sheer bodice. The gown has capped appliqued sleeves and a low scoop back to complete the sultry look.
26. Long Lace Gown
This long lace gown made from high-quality tulle, lace appliques, and the satin lining is an absolute head-turner. It features a magical flowing mermaid silhouette with a cap sleeve illusion created from lace appliques, a scoop neckline, and a built-in bra. This stunning gown is available in Ivory and White.
27. Long Sleeve Applique Ruffled Organza Dress
Brides looking for a nontraditional wedding dress but want to maintain a classic princess look will love this dress. It features a flattering A-line layered tulle silhouette and V-neckline with long lace sleeves. Above all, the dress is intricately embellished with lace appliques and a beautiful beaded belt accessory.
28. Jumpsuit Wedding Dress With Detachable Train
Could there be anything more nontraditional than wearing a jumpsuit-based outfit to walk down the aisle? This jumpsuit features a sweetheart neckline bodice with lace appliqued long sleeves and a detachable tulle overskirt. It’s the perfect choice for showing off your killer heels while making a statement on your special day.
29. Off Shoulder Vintage Gown
This gorgeous vintage gown features a flattering A-line silhouette with a high above-the-knee front and low back. The dress has an off-the-shoulder neckline, a lace-up closure back and is hand-crafted from high-quality lace net yarn. Brides can make a statement in a lovely silver gown or choose something more traditional, like white or ivory.
30. High Split Flare Sleeve Dress With Cape
Brides searching for a nontraditional dress that exudes sleekness and understated elegance may find this an option. This cape-style dress features long flared chiffon sleeves, a high round neckline, and a high front left thigh slit. The dress certainly is an excellent option for women who don’t want to sacrifice style for simplicity.
Buying a Wedding Dress Online?
Shopping for your wedding dress online broadens your access to nontraditional wedding dresses. Although shopping for an outfit online is more convenient, finding a gown for such a momentous occasion can be daunting. Don’t worry; we have seven tips and tricks to help make shopping for your dress online easier.
Tips and Tricks
- Once you’ve found an outfit of interest, be sure to find several pictures of it. Check out other websites for images of the same dress and compare. Consider visiting the brand’s Instagram page. Seeing several photos, hopefully with different-sized models, will help you to choose the best size.
- A clear understanding of the various sizing systems is essential. Most reputable websites will include the model’s size to help with sizing. Use this information if you need to convert to UK, French, Italian, or AUS sizing, for example.
- Keep accurate measurements of your bust, waist, and hips on hand. If you’re unsure of your size or think you’re between sizes according to the size chart, then be sure to contact their customer service for advice. If they offer live chat help, consider taking advantage.
- Before parting with any money, pay close attention to the look and feel of the website. If the outfit you’ve fallen in love with seems a little too good to be true, then it probably is. Red flags to look out for include low-quality pictures or poorly written product descriptions. If you spot anything like this, then it may not be a reputable website to purchase your wedding attire.
- Avoid final sale outfits, as these pieces are generally not returnable. Ensure you have the option to return the dress if it’s unsuitable. In addition, be sure to thoroughly read their delivery dates, shipping costs, and return policy information to factor in the timelines and extra charges.
- If you need some alterations, then be sure to work with an experienced and professional tailor with experience with wedding attire.
- Deciding between white and ivory isn’t a big deal. The final decision depends on your taste and wedding theme. Furthermore, the color doesn’t need to be either of those two. It’s your wedding, so you can have fun and choose whatever color you desire.